Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What a Day!

Oh, what an incredibly momentous day this has been! Earlier today, Ron, Annalee and I went to our polling place together to cast our votes. As Annalee stood with me in the booth, I showed her the names on the ballot. She diligently watched as I filled in that oval with the dark black marker. I spoke quietly to her as I read the ballot, but she let everyone know we were voting for Barack Obama. I teared up as I filled in that little oval - I had been waiting so long to do that.

For the last five hours, we've watched election coverage on TV and online. I was cautiously optimistic. I could feel excitement building as the waves of polls closed from east to west across the country. But, I wasn't prepared for the election to be called at the stroke of 10 p.m. when polling in California, Oregon and Washington closed and were called for Obama.

The day has finally come and the results are in. It doesn't get much better than this. I can't wait to share the news with Annalee tomorrow morning!

No comments: