Monday, December 24, 2012

Fourth Sunday of Advent, Dec. 23, 2012

At the end of communion, we sang "Let There Be Peace on Earth," a song I adore.

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me;
Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be,
With God as creator, brothers and sisters are we,
Let us walk with each other in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me, let this be the moment now.
With ev'ry step I take, let this be my solemn vow;
To take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth and it begin with me.

Amen to that.

And, now, our closing blessing:

As we await the Child of Peace, may we have the prophetic courage to turn our culture upside down. May we turn our swords into plowshares, not just as an act of poetry but of prophetic imagination and action; and may the blessing of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, one God, Mother of us all, be upon you now and forever.

Amen and Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: