Monday, August 13, 2012

Recital Season Has Come...and Long Gone

I intended to write this post in May, after both Annalee and Zelda completed their piano and dance recitals, respectively. But, my intentions didn't get me very far.

Since we had a lazy summer day at home and I've had time to be on the computer, I'm finally able to share these video clips and photos.
First up is Annalee's piano recital. The recital was held in April at a nearby Steinway store. The theme for this recital was Disney movies (and the songs from them). Annalee played 'Be Our Guest' from Beauty and the Beast.


We were so proud of how well she played. It made all the whining and crying during practices so worth it!

Then in May, the recital for Zelda's hip hop class was held. She was overjoyed with her costume, the make-up and being on stage. This truly is something she was born to do. And, I don't mean that because she's some child dance prodigy. I just mean it plays to the showboat girl in her who loves to dance around and wants to be the center of attention.


This second video of Zelda was from my cell phone, so the quality is not so great. But, you get the general idea of how she loves to dance - and do the moves even before they're supposed to be done!

No comments: