Saturday, May 19, 2012

Photo Project 2012 - Days 126 to 139

Day 126


Our sole poppy bloomed on May 5. I have a sneaking suspicion that Ron killed off the many others I planted last year when he was hitting the back beds with weed killer.

Day 127
 
  

On May 6, we celebrated - officially - Annalee's 9th birthday with family and friends that are our family. When all the party festivities were done, it was time for dress up!




 Day 128
 

After all the birthday festivities from the previous few days, it was time for Zelda and I to relax and play with Play Doh for a while.

Day 129
 

Zelda prepares to leave for preschool - where they were having crazy hair day!

Day 130



Watching Chopped on the Food Network has given us all new ways to enjoy our meals together. I've branched out in my cooking. And, Ron and the girls (especially the girls) have taken it upon themselves to critique my dishes. On May 8, I plated the top dish, which I thought would look much better than it did. Then, Annalee took a stab at it (bottom), running out to grab parsley from the garden even. I think hers looks much better. Despite my failing in the presentation, the taste was wonderful and fulfilling. The girls gave me a 10!

Day 131
 

After 2-1/2 years since our last trip to China, I finally broke out these Chinese headpieces for the girls to play with. Zelda needed a crazy 'hat' to wear at a park district event.

Day 132
 

Annalee has been working hard to master making a fried egg, not too runny and definitely not too cooked. This day, she excelled.

Day 133


  
Zelda and I hung out at Lowe's while Annalee attended a Harry Potter Festival. I loved the look of these flowers, whose name totally escapes me now.


Day 134 - Mother's Day

  
We celebrated Mother's Day at a local pizza place that had a special buffet. Here's my mom and dad Bob. Mom's wearing the special corsage I bought her. We're trying to bring back the old tradition.


Day 135 

 

This is the corsage my mom gave me for Mother's Day.


I thought I had my picture of the day when I took the corsage, but then Annalee brought me this little bunch of flowers that she wrapped tightly with a leaf. They were too picturesque not to include. I love the water droplets on the petals.

Day 136
 

We were getting ready to go to sleep when Ron told me that Cindy, my sister-in-law, told him over the weekend that she's been enjoying my photo-a-day-project on the blog. With that, I remembered that I hadn't taken a picture this day. So, I hopped out of bed and ran to the kitchen. I have always loved the way our kitchen glows from the nite light on the microwave. Thanks Cindy!

Day 137
 

I love our chalkboard wall in the kitchen. It is such an integral part of our daily lives.

Day 138
 

I was only going to post  Annalee's pictures from her third grade music show, but I couldn't pass up Zelda's twirl picture as we were getting ready to leave for her dance recital pictures.


Annalee is in the third row from the top, second in from the right, between the huge afro and the baseball cap.


Here are the girls with friends Alaina and Madison after the show. Annalee was going for the hippie look of the 70s since the music show was celebrating the decades - as the school has been doing for the past couple of months while honoring its 50th anniversary.


Day 139


My family has a new addiction - rock climbing! We recently rejoined the local YMCA. We're trying to make use of their many programs and facilities. Friday night is open climb night. So, up they went....over and over and over and over again. It made for a great night of sleep for everyone!


Follow-up: I have been reminded that the pretty flower from day 133 was foxglove. Thank you, again, Cindy!

No comments: