In checking out blogs this morning while I sit on the couch coughing my brains out, I found this fun challenge from Laughing Daisies. So, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm also going to e-mail it to some friends, since the original idea from Danielle suggested that you tag seven friends.
I've actually had some practice at this list...dating back to 2004 when I first met Laura online and then on the phone before we prepared to travel to China together to adopt our daughters. I think I might have terrified her when I sent her an e-mail cluing her in on my idiosyncrasies early on in our friendship. I just figured I'd get it all out there. Knowing your weirdo-ness is half the battle to being less of a weirdo, isn't it?
While I don't remember everything I shared with Laura four years ago, I do remember No. 1. The rest I'm pulling off the top of my head, but I'm sure my friends have better weirdo things to say about me than I do. I'm certainly open to their comments.
Here are my seven:
1. I am a germ-freak. Not in the Howie Mandell way that I won't touch people or shake hands or anything. But, I spray Lysol on my keyboard and phone and chair when I know someone (anyone, well or not) has sat at my desk in the office. I wash ALL the linens after I've been sick. I use papertowel to open the door and exit public bathrooms. I get grossed out thinking about all the potential germs that Annalee or I pick up at school, on the playground, grocery store, etc. Then, out come the wipes or lotion. If there's a sink with soap and water, all the better. I don't drink from the wine at church; I don't even dip my host.
2. I cry when I pray. I don't know what it is, but when I think of what I have to be thankful for and when I ask God for something, I cry. I'm just moved to tears.
3. I LOVE buying craft supplies more than I enjoy making the crafts. It's taken me a long time to figure out that I actually like wallowing in the picking of the 'stuff' more than I am pleased with the outcome of what I create. Now that I've figured this out, I've really curbed my buying habits. I have fewer silk flowers to make pen bouquets and decorate decorative pillows (which I've never done anyway). I have reduced my yarn stash and try to buy yarns to knit a specific project. I've even stopped ordering stamping supplies (for a little while, at least) until I use up the accessories I have - and even use some of the stuff I've bought at all!
4. I love cleaning the kitchen after dinner. It's a true weirdo thing. I'm happy when the kitchen is clean, especially the kitchen sink. I can watch TV or Ron and Annalee through the cut-out in the wall between the kitchen and family room while doing my thing. Makes life good.
5. I have a large collection of plastic bins. They help me organize. Even when they're just sitting in the garage waiting to be filled, they make me feel better know they're there and available.
6. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. Maybe this goes with No. 1. But, I think it has more to do with having worked for 19 years in health-care marketing. And, having had breast cancer 14 years ago. Either way, I usually think the worst when I get sick. Like today. I'm convinced I have either pneumonia or whooping cough. I'll see the doctor in an hour and find out the real deal.
7. I am a spreadsheet freak. Give me some choices and I'll give you a spreadsheet. I spreadsheet vacation options, stamping supply lists, stamping wish lists, mailing lists, Christmas lists, house construction projects. You name it. If it can be in a spreadsheet, I make it.
Even though the game calls for a list of seven, I'd be remiss if I didn't include this one last thought:
8. I go to the bathroom all the time. Sometimes it's a nervous thing and sometimes it's just because I drink a lot of water. But, when a bathroom presents itself, I use it. I don't think I've ever flown on a plane and not used the bathroom. Same for airports, bookstores, restaurants, department stores. You get the idea. It used to kill my mom and especially my grandma Rose when I would need to use a bathroom when we were out. God forbid we had to use a public facility. Poor grandma. She'd be mortified to know that I've passed this trait on to my daughter. See a bathroom; use it. That's my motto.
(Don't worry, friends. I know I have more weirdo-ness, but these top the list for today.)
Now, here are the rules for you:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and put the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 weird or random facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link to their blog.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a note on their blog.
Last, but not least, are my seven tagged friends: Becky, Jennifer, Mary Ann, Laura, Denise, Lauren and Paula. I also tag YOU. Now get to it!
UPDATE: I saw my doctor. He did a chest X-ray, and everything is clear. Just a virus. Luck for me, he prescribed the good cough medicine for nighttime. You know, the one with codeine! Some solid sleep should work wonders.
2 months ago