Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday, Nov. 9, 2008

"Jackie, we recognize you as a member of the one holy catholic and apostolic Church, and we receive you into the fellowship of this Communion. God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, bless, preserve and keep you."

This was the blessing I received this morning from Rt. Rev. Jeffrey Lee, Bishop of Chicago, as he held his hands on my head. The service was the culmination of eight weeks of coursework and discernment of my belief in God. I chose today to affirm my faith, reaffirm my baptismal vows and become a member of the Episcopal church. I couldn't feel happier or more fulfilled.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I got a lump in my throat as I read the blessing. What a wonderful, special, blessed day for you! I've been thinking about you all weekend...